You must satisfy one of the following:
- Product/Service: Be a financial product or service greater than $500,000.
- Client: In assessing this, we will consider, Assets of more than $2.5 million; or Income of $250,000 or more per annum in each of the last two financial years.
- Australian Financial Services Licensees.
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.
- Bodies Public Superannuation Fund Trustees.
- High Net Worth Individuals.
Sophisticated Investor Eligibility
Under section 761GA of the Corporations Act, clients who are unable to satisfy the above threshold tests may ask The SILC Group as an Australian Financial Services Licensee to certify them as a “sophisticated investor”. However, we must be satisfied that the clients has, amongst other things, sufficient financial literacy and the client must waive their right to certain consumer protections.